Quirins of Bettwiller and Wolfskirchen
I am sure this is not a complete list, and my transcription is not great. However, this might be helpful to people (and it surely helps me sort out what I have found). The shorthand citations refer to the city the records are under in the Bas-Rhin Archives, and the page refers to the page on the viewer–not any pagination on the leaves.
Quirin Quirin is listed as the father in two marriage records: Hans Anton Quirin and Hans Philipp Quirin.
Hans Anton Quirin married Johanetta Wagner, daughter of Michael Wagner, on 20 Jan 1684 in Bettwiller (Waldhambach BMS p 124). They had the following children:
- Anna Barbara Quirin, baptized 1684 (Waldhambach BMS p 5). Baptism was witnessed by Otthilia, Georg Hans Philippi of Volksberg’s wife
- Anna Catharina Quirin, baptized 1688 (Waldhambach BMS p 12)
- [can’t read] Quirin, baptized 1690 (Waldhambach BMS p 20)
- Hans Nickol Quirin, baptized 1693 (Waldhambach BMS p 28)
Hans Philipp Quirin married Anna Margaretha Ensminger on 14 Feb 1693 in Bettwiller (Waldhambach BMS p 128). I did not see any baptismal records.
Also listed is the confirmation of Jerg Quirin, son of Bricey Quirin, in Waldhambach (Waldhambach BMS p 114). This is presumably Hans Georg Quirin, son of Bricius Quirin who is listed as having been baptized 8 Sep 1678 in Wolfskirchen in Brendan Wehrung’s portion of Ensmingers of Pennsylvania (pg 31).
I have much more difficulty reading the Wolfskirchen records, so this has more gaps and things I couldn’t decipher.
What I have found seems to line up nicely with Brendan Wehrung’s information about the children of Britz Kurin/Quirin and Elisabetha Schmidt. I did not find mention of either of them, but Wehrun has their children listed as:
- Nicolaus QUIRIN, c. 03 Feb 1643, Wolfskirchen, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France
- Hans Thebalt QUIRIN, c. 24 Aug 1645, Wolfskirchen, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France
- Jacob QUIRIN, c. 15 Oct 1648, Wolfskirchen, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France
- Bricius QUIRIN, c. 15 Oct 1648, Wolfskirchen, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France
- Hans Heinrich QUIRIN, c. 24 Nov 1656, Wolfskirchen, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France
I did not find anything on Hans Thebalt, but I believe I found information regarding the others which seem to line up with Wehrung.
Britz Quirin and his wife Synnel had:
- Catharina Quirin, baptized 3 Sep 1676 (Wolfskirchen p 12, #33)
- Hans Jacob Quirin baptised 8 Sep 1678 (Wolfskirchen pp13-14, #42)
In addition, Britz witnessed the baptism of an Anna Catharina in 1679 (Wolfskirchen p 14, #46). Synnel witnessed the baptism of another Anna Catharina on 10 Oct 1677 (Wolfskirchen p 13 #37).
Margaretha, wife of Niclaus Quirin, witnessed the baptism of Catharina Quirin (daughter of Britz and Synnel).
Hans Heinrich Quirin witnessed the baptism of a Hans Niclaus in 1676 (Wolfskirchen p 12 #30).
Jacob Quirin and his wife Anna Catharina had:
- Hans Jacob Quirin, baptized 19 Dec 1677 and died 3 May 1747 (Wolfskirchen p 13 #39)
Jacob witnessed with baptism of Hans Jacob Quirin (son of Britz and Synnel). He also witnessed the baptism of Matthias Heinrich in 1672 (Wolfskirchen p 8, #8), Nicolaus on 16 Dec 1677 (Wolfskirchen p 13, #38), and Hans Nickolaus in 1679 (Wolfskirchen p 14, #45).